Have you thought of starting a Home Based Business? Have you seen dozens of ads like these?
• “Discover How To Make $100,000 a Year From The Comfort Of Your Own Home!”
• “Make Tons Of Money With Little Or No Work!”
Does this sound unbelievable? Well if it does then it probably is. There are tons of marketers on the internet promoting these unbelievable Work At Home offers. 98% of which are getting rich by getting people to believe that you can make unbelievable amounts of money doing absolutely nothing.
I’m not saying that it can’t happen but I’m not saying that you won’t win the lottery either. Starting a Home Based Business takes some work and effort. If you want to Work AT Home you must understand that this is exactly what it is. “Work”. You need to set aside, a time of day and about 20 hours a week in which you can work on developing your Home Based Business.
The first thing you need to do is come up with an idea of what you want to sell. There are many types of Home based businesses to choose from and many products to promote. You can
• Material Products such as Clothing, Bedding, Baby products or anything else that can be bought and shipped to your customers. There are many products that can be sold on the internet.
There might be something that you can make or have created that would be valuable to buyers.
You can find companies that sell products to you at wholesale and you can sell them for a profit.
You can find companies that drop ship products directly to your customers so that you don’t need to keep anything in stock.
• Information Products such as E Books, Software Programs or anything that a customer can purchase and download to their computer. Information products are the rage today. People can download the information they need at any time and most are reasonably priced. There are many products that you can purchase with resale rights and make a good profit. With information products there is nothing to stock up on.
• Promote Affiliate Programs – You promote other peoples products and if they make a sale you get a percentage of the sale. Many people are making a lot of money from affiliate programs. You simply sell other peoples products and you both profit. It’s not as easy as it sounds though. There are many people promoting the same products but with any of these there will be competition
Now, you’ve decided what you are going to sell. Hopefully it is something you that know about and will enjoy selling. Now how are you going to sell them? You will need a website. Building a web site is not quite as hard as it sounds. There are a lot of great web hosts out there and most of them offer site Building software to get you started.
First you will need a Domain Name. This is your www.xxxx.com web address. You will also need a web host. A web host brings your website to the internet. Most of the really good domain names are taken so when you decide to look for one, I suggest that you write down about 5 – 10 names so if one is taken you will have another to try.
Once you have your names, go Domain Service and use their Domain Search Tool to see if a domain name is available. Type in the domain name that you would like to check. If your Domain is taken, they will give suggestions or you can just type in another one.
• I would also suggest that you take a .com name whenever possible.
• Web addresses with a .com name are easier to remember and are visited more frequently.
• If you find a name that you really like, you may want to buy it now. A lot of great domain names are lost by waiting too long to purchase it.
• Try to use a domain name with you product keyword in it if possible.
• Try to make it as short and easy to remember as possible.
These are things that are necessary to get your web site listed on the search engines.
• Search Engine Optimization – Helps your Web site get positioned for top rankings with Google and other leading search engines.
• Web Site Analysis – Lets you know what your site’s strengths and potential weaknesses are and helps you secure crucial search engine success.
• Submission – Submit your Web Site to the leading search engines. Around the world or region-specific.
These are just the basics. There much more to learn and so many resources to utilize. There are some great products and informational resources on the internet. Just remember that if it’s too good to be true, it probably is.