I’ve been speaking to a lot of very successful business people of late, and I am just overwhelmed at how excited they all are to be learning about internet marketing.
It’s exciting to see the surge of business men and women actively seeking help with the internet marketing of their websites.
You see, up until a year or so ago, getting your site live and in the search engines was key. So, people threw up a site, and let it run on its own. The sites were pretty much designed to be extensions of your business card, providing visitors with product and contact information.
Ah, but the rules of the game have changed, my friend. Now it’s become a dog-click-dog world, and the internet marketing of your site on- and off-page is what makes the difference between a productive and a non-productive site.
So, first, I’d like you to take a quick look at your web site. Go ahead, open up a new browser and check it out as a fresh visitor seeing it for the first time.
· Is it easy to navigate? Is it logical, or do visitors just kind of meander around in your site like a lost child in the grocery store?
· Is there a goal to your site? Is there a place where you ultimately want to funnel your visitors? Is it to a contact page where they submit their email address and questions or comments to you?
· Ask yourself, what do you really want these people to do when they get to your site? Click around and then fall so deeply in love with your site that they drop everything and run, not walk, to your store’s location with open arms and wallets?
· And, what do you have there for people that aren’t local? Do you have anything that you can offer them?
· If someone doesn’t end up buying your product or service on your web site, do you have other ways for them to help you earn some money from their visit?
Okay, well, it seems that we have a little work to do on your internet marketing!
The most important thing to remember is that your web site is more than just an electronic advertisement. It has a purpose, and don’t forget that! Now, we just need to convince your visitors that you do have a reason for getting them to land on your site!
Examine the ultimate purpose of your visitor…could it be to purchase something? That’s always a good purpose! But, do you give them a “slippery slope” of compelling content that leads them right to your purchase page? Believe it or not, it will take you a little bit of time mapping out your site’s content and pages that take their hand and carry them right to your purchase page. Try it right now!
There is a lot to learn for those courageous business men and women who want to learn more about internet marketing.
Rest assured, you’ve found a resource that will not only help you with the internet marketing of your current web site, but also with helping you develop a very strong strategy to help make your site extremely profitable.