Have you been sifting through the piles of information on home businesses, and found that you’ve come up with nothing that sounds like you? In the faceless world of the Internet and research books, it can seem that the choices for home based businesses are quite bland. However, with a little left-brained thinking (creativity!) and some thought, you might be able to come up with a profitable home business idea that not only rakes in the dough, but that you also enjoy immensely. Here are some ideas to get you started:
1. Freelance Fashion Designer: Do you love to knit, sew or make jewelry? There is a huge market for unique, fashionable items online today, particularly with the younger generations that are tired of cookie-cutter looks. Promote your business to friends, family and through online marketing programs.
2. Event Planner: If you have an eye for detail and impeccable taste, this may be the home business option for you. Most of the planning can be run out of your home office, yet still allow you to connect with clients up front.
3. Antique and Rare Auto Finder: Calling all car lovers! For those who find yourselves drooling over Jay Leno’s car collection, think about offering your services to others by hooking people up with the cars of their dreams, while charging a 5 to 10% commission.
4. Virtual Assistant: Organized, word-savvy administrative assistants – you may finally have a chance to be your own boss! Many companies are now paying freelance administrative assistants, called “virtual assistants” to complete typing, faxing and other office tasks for a price. These jobs usually pay between $20 and $40 per hour.
5. Brown Bag Lunch Maker: There are lots of parents out there who can’t find the time to make nutritious lunches for their kids, even though they want to keep them healthy and fit. If you are a good cook with excellent nutritional values, think about starting a lunch making company, where you deliver brown bag lunches to children in the neighborhood on a month-by-month basis.